Sunday, December 27, 2009

Ready for Prime Time

Today I finished what I would call my last serious all book edit. The chapters are a good length, the book is not too long (I think), and I finally got the flow down. I recently edited the sentences starting with "I" and removed most of the "just" occurrences (just a speaking impediment of mine - there I go again!). At the suggestion of my cousin Brad, I added tons more dialog to make my points rather than rambling (did Brad actually say I rambled?). Anyway, I think it is ready to be read by the willing guinea pigs who say they are "dying" to read it. Perhaps the manuscript is ready, but I wonder if I am.

Will I ever get this book done? Or is it the never ending project that I am doing because I can't afford therapy? I wonder if I will lose my privacy when the book is published, but then I think, damn that is arrogant! Do I really think it will be a runaway best seller? Certainly not if I keep typing the d--- word. I'm not really an accomplished curse word user, so often it feels contrived. Except when I am mad, then it sounds legit.

Well, tomorrow I have to finish up some minor edits and quickly run through the manuscript to review the points I am trying to make in each chapter and try to assess if I was successful. Then, maybe then, I will have the guts to create a PDF and send it off to my self appointed reviewers. 

I will need more courage to send it off to a real editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment