Subconsciously I tend to assume that I have it “right” and therefore can clearly identify who has it wrong. As if I have been set up as the truth police! I can only see actions and not the heart, so I stand at a great disadvantage.
God can, and does see the heart and I must leave judging to him, trusting that Jesus’ blood covers a multitude of sins. Don’t we all have some little (or big) deviation from what is correct? I know I do, including this tendency to judge others. I need God’s mercy and grace every day.
Is it not true that the Almighty God remains bigger than what I say I know about him? True, I need to study what he has revealed about himself, but because he is Almighty and I am not it is safe to say I cannot bear the glory of a complete revelation of God any more than Moses could look at God’s face. He is knowable through Jesus, the very image of the Godhead.
But if that is not the case, if we finite human beings say that we have him figured out, then he no longer remains God. He becomes god, and we place him on a shelf in our home to be worshiped and dusted.
The error, at least for me in my past and to some degree my present, is to think that those who have been misled, or those who do not have a clear understanding of God in their minds are somehow not as enlightened as I. From study and good teaching I may very well know more ABOUT God and his revelation of himself. But that does not guarantee that I know HIM all that well. A misled person, a child holding a hate sign, is misguided for sure. But they may still have a heart for God. They may actually know him better than I. Unfortunately we can’t discern that.
I must leave that up to God who gave all judgement to Jesus.
Excellent post. I like your blogs and am now following them. If you wish to, stop by my blog, take a look, comment, and follow if you would like.
ReplyDeleteJoey