Leslie and I said goodbye to our 20 year old Son Tuesday as he left for the Army...
We stand in the cold a light drizzle and grey shy echoing our mood. Ryan steps through the door on his way to the waiting bus, proper and aloof like all the others newly sorn in recruits. There are other families there and together we watch as our sons and daughters step onto the bus. Tears come without warning.
Suddenly the bus door opens and Ryan emerges boldly walking towards us. What did he forget? He grabs me and hugs me then his mother. "I love you," he says quietly. "We love you," somehow squeeks out.
Before we can recover he turns and is gone...
Go with God My Son
.
How time flies! I can't believe that Ryan is off to the Army. We will pray for Ryan and for you, Leslie and family.
ReplyDeleteThanks Cliff. Your phone message came to my mom's phone. Our new home phone is 972-292-9897.
ReplyDelete